Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Shrimps with Oyster Sauce

 Yes, I calls em shrimps- I did not get a lot of this dish- as the sides were high and I kept forgetting what was in the dish as it sat at the wrong end of the table.   My husband loved them- so I will have to make them.

Here is the recipe:

  • 1 lb. large shrimps with shells and tails on
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced thinly
  • 1 tsp. fish sauce
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp. oyster sauce (Oyster sauce is made with dried oysters, soy salt and brine)
  • salt 
  • me


Directions
  1.  Invite me over for dinner, I will bring the wine or beer.
  2. In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant and translucent.
  3. Add fish sauce; stir. Pour in tomato sauce.  Simmer until slightly reduced and thick.
  4. Add shrimps; stir. Cook until shrimps are coated with sauce and the color of the shrimp JUST turns pink (Do not overcook this dish or I won't bother eating it!).
  5. Add oyster sauce. Continue cooking until shrimps are cooked and coated with sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt as needed.


Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.