Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

"The Tenth Song"

The Tenth SongThe Tenth Song by Naomi Ragen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Surprise ending and I won't spoil it here- though it did seem a bit rushed. There was build-up but it never actually had a satisfying crescendo. That said, or in this case written, this is the first book I have read by Ragen and I may go back for a second helping because of the simple truths that she reveals. We can surround ourselves with people we think we need approval from, but none of that really matters. Reading the passages about the relationship of Kayla to her mother Abigail reminded me of how we don't always have to have expectations of our kids- we just have to enjoy them.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.