Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Absentee Landlord and cell phone woes

I know how absent I have been from this blog for the last month. In between filling out credit applications for the new theatre, studying and going to numerous job interviews, and getting through baseball and softball playoffs, I haven't had time to do anything. I did make a few halfhearted tweets last week from the new blackberry, but that is all. So far I like the new gadget, though it is not syncing with my mac right. BUMMER!
I haven't had time to do more than look through the user forums and call apple, maybe this week I will attack the blackberry call center and get this thing working my way. Speaking of cell phones, both of my kid's new cell phones, the Rant, have been freezing up. we are just going to get a blackberry for my daughter, because she lost all of her information. There is no sim card in the sprint Rant, just a media card. ANOTHER BUMMER! Thank goodness we still have her sim card from her old Nextel and the new phones were only in use for 2 weeks, at least she can get most of her contact info back. I just wish things worked the way they are supposed to.

In the theatre, everything that could go wrong this week with the 35 mm projector, did go wrong. Right now we are Five hours away from premiering the new Harry Potter and the projector is still acting wonky. I could just cry from all the lamp burn-outs, relay problems, wiring troubles, and everything else. It appears that Lydia, our resident ghost, may not like our projectionist very much. He even stopped wearing his suspenders today in order to appease her. I hope she gets out of her funk. When I left a half hour ago, the screen was making some awful screeching sounds and our sound guy was being a total ___. I leave you to fill in the blanks. I think we are all on our last legs here. Yesterday, when I drove into Philly to pick up the Half-Blood Prince reels, I shoulda stopped and had them blessed or something. Well, I will post pictures later of tonight's premiere, good or bad.;..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.