Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

There's gold in them there hills!

Yesterday I scrapped my old gold and got paid $180.00. I did not shop around looking for the best rate, I just turned it in as I was getting some other pieces repaired. I had years worth of broken rings, bits of chains, and bracelets that had no hope of ever being worn again. Single earrings seemed to take up most of the weight. I do not know what it is about me and hoops but we just don't seem to be able to sustain long-term relationships. Some of these scraps I have had since I was 20 years old. Old bits and baubles that have floated in the detritus at the bottom of my jewelry box will have a new home on someone's body as they are recycled. Since extracting gold from mines is such a dangerous and underpaid profession, I thought it was high time to clean out my mess and contribute to the shortage. Of course, the money in my bank account doesn't hurt either, but it really all boiled down to cleaning out of my drawers. I love summer cleaning because we get a chance to get rid of everything we really don't need and reorganize our home and minds. I feel better after a clean out, able to tackle projects easier. I have listed a gazillion books on amazon and there is a steady trickle as they make their way out of my house to the post office. This particular clean out make a take a few years as I have thousands of books in the basement. The payoff is slower as well, but it still beats the prices I get at a yard sale.


UPDATE: I HAD TO PAY $80 TO FIX MY BRACELET AND NECKLACE... UUUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.