Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bury Your Dead

Bury Your Dead (Armand Gamache, #6)Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


At first I was confused, I got characters mixed up and had to go back a few times to straighten them out in my head; it was well worth the effort however. Louise Penny managed stories within stories, some critical, others secondary but no less important for the characters involved. The humanity each character has makes me want to go back in and find out more about each of the people who made this book such a rich reading experience. They are all flawed, have feelings, histories and messy lives where they are sometimes forced to make difficult choices. I have not read much about Canada, in particular I knew next to nothing about Quebec other than what my school textbooks taught us about trading. I come away after reading this piece with a glimpse of a world unexplored and a need to know more. Chief Inspector Gamache is a man to follow, so I will be looking for him among the stacks.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.