Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bananas Freeze Beautifully!

My sister told me to freeze the bananas!
I have been chucking out dead bananas for years that were just ripe enough for banana bread, but too ripe to eat.  If I didn't have time to make the bread, out they would go.  Now I know to just chuck them in the freezer.  After 2 weeks I have enough for a few loaves of bread.  The family loves it, I don't have to throw anything away and I don't feel guilty buying bananas a few times a  week.

I always add extra bananas to my recipe.  The secret is to add two more than they ask for in  a recipe and leave some nice chunks- don't over-mix if you want moist bread.


 Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.