Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cuil- The Newest Haystack

Cuil- The Newest Haystack

Cuil.com is a new search engine created by former google designers. I like the three column feature, I feel like I can read a whole paragraph from each selection and really know which one is the search answer I need. It does not have the insanely cool features that Google has however, it is just for searching. I found different sites that I could not find on Google and vice-versa. I believe my best bet is always to use a variety of search engines when I truly need to find something. As a Google-lover, it is not always easy to stray, but when in need, I will search through every haystack. Today my sister and I went searching for lost relatives and connected with some cousins from my step-father's side of the family. Interestingly enough, we could not get any further with our own blood relatives unless we paid the ancestry site a fee. There must be a way to get the information we want without having to pay a fee. I approach this process every few years and then give up after I hit the ancestry website roadblock. If anyone knows a REAL- FREE website, I would go needle hunting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.