Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

The pressure

When I was watching house husbands today I heard a girl say to her dad that he didn't work. All the men complained of being unfufilled at one point or another. it reminded me of the pressure I felt from my daughter eight years ago. I had a full time job that I was good at. She didn't see it that way because it was a family business. In other words, it wasn't valued enough. It was these words from a seven year old that propelled me to go back to school to be a teacher, " It is not an important job mommy". I guess these words made me take note of what my dreams were, pre-kids. As I watched these men complete to-do lists left to them by their wives, I felt bad for them. Every mom knows how hard it is to stay home, it is easier to work away from home regardless of travel time. It also is important to know that our financial contribution helps. Nobody appreciates the laundry we do until they have run out of underwear and socks. Staying at home is a thankless job, so for every mom and dad that stays home and works their butts off there, I give you credit. I could only ever handle it part-time before I went bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.