Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Going to be a Long Winter...

Yesterday, I had to buy tomatoes for the first time since mid-summer. My garden is only producing the smallest sized tomatoes now, as it is close to the end of October. They are impossible to slice for sandwiches, so I went to the store to buy some. The taste was not the same at all, even though I bought them on the vine. The tomatoes smelled good, but the lack of flavor sent me to my garden to eat a few grape tomatoes right off of the plant. It is going to be a long winter. I have a few lonely peppers, some leaf lettuce and my little tomatoes left. Underground, my carrots are still growing very slowly. I bought the Danvers variety and they will not be ready until March, although I planted them in May. I must remember to buy a new variety next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.