Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Not There Anymore

I am not a happy person all the time, I get depressed or tired and I tend to take it out on the people around me who love me. I know I can get away with it. But if I was to stay that way for an extended period of time, it would wear on them and they would stop caring about me and my feelings. It would affect them too.

 I can put up with a lot, but I am not impervious to depressed behavior either. People who are miserable do affect the ones they love. Because they are depressed and want to bury themselves away from the world, they are free to wallow in their misery. They are perhaps not aware of the ones they leave behind. What about the people who enjoyed talking with you and hanging out? Are they not important?
 Losing someone to depression is a loss, it is like a death, because they are just not there anymore. They have left us behind and can't get beyond their own misery. Think about it, when someone you love dies and you can't just pick up the phone and call them, it hurts. You get that little shock all over again every time it happens. When someone you love is depressed and refuses to answer the phone, it is not much different. You still have that instinct to call only you also know that you are not stronger than the depression. Not strong enough to break through that veil at all. Either way, it is sad being the one left behind.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.