Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The New Black

OK, I know I have been lazy, I have had nothing creative to say for 2 or three days. Yesterday I went to a job interview for a position that I was way overqualified for. In this economy, overqualified is the new black. I have no idea if I will get the job or not; I assume everyone who applied for it was just as overqualified as me. I hate interviews, I hate writing follow up thank you's because there is always one person in the room who I do not know the name of and I have to jump through hoops to get their name after I have forgotten it. That is my quandary or quest today, find the person's name. I forgot it 10 seconds after it was said to me. I ALWAYS do this and I should just start taping my interviews clandestinely in order to save myself this grief.

I go over and over questions that I may be asked beforehand, and I never get asked those questions. I get asked completely different questions. I always think that I have handled them all well, but I am biased. I just hope I have better luck this time around. I am not serving fries yet, but it is coming. Of course, I may not even be qualified for that job anymore, I have been out of the food business for over 10 years. I would probably be pushed to the bottom of the applicant pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you like, but I will delete comments with unsavory language or adult content.